VanessaNorth

Vanessa's Reads

I'm a writer who reads a lot. I get crushes on words. I can be NSFW. Come here, let me smell your books.

Dark Space - Lisa Henry If possible, I would have read this in one sitting. Unfortunately, I had to make a four hour drive in the middle of it--and I couldn't wait to get back to this book the entire time I was driving.Then, a funny thing happened. Reunited with this page turner that evening, I got to somewhere very close to the end, knew I was very close to the end, and I put the ereader down and walked away because I wasn't ready for it to be over. I even tweeted about how I had to stop reading because I wasn't ready for it to end.Of course, I couldn't leave it very long. Maybe twenty minutes later, I sat down and finished the book. The world-building is excellent and feels very authentic and downright scary. The big bad, the Faceless, are horrifying. Both heroes are endearing in their own way, and although I don't always enjoy a gay for you trope, I did in this case. Highly recommend this book.