VanessaNorth

Vanessa's Reads

I'm a writer who reads a lot. I get crushes on words. I can be NSFW. Come here, let me smell your books.

Gold Digger

Gold Digger - Aleksandr Voinov This has been on my "to read" list for awhile. I haven't read special forces (I know, I know...I need to) but that didn't hamper my enjoyment of this story at all. First up the characters: I enjoyed the story from Nikolai's perspective, and definitely found his relationships with his family, in particular his father, intriguing. But Henri totally stole the show for me. I loved everything about him, from the way he originally propositions Nikolai, to just everything.Plot: I liked the intensity of the power play between the two companies, and I loved the resolution. It felt satisfying, but not necessarily tidy. Sacrifices were made, which made it feel real to me. The romance: The relationship felt a little whirlwind to me, but it worked because of the intensity of the interactions between Nikolai and Henri. One thing I love about Aleksandr Voinov's writing is the way he writes sex scenes. They are ALWAYS more than moving body parts, which is so, so important. I loved these scenes for their emotional intensity as much as for their heat (and they were plenty hot). Just really tightly written, gorgeous prose.